From epigrammist here (she provided a text box with HTML code!):
1. Beginning with the obligatory question: how did you discover Hikago? Anime, but I don't know how I started. I know it was anime. Maybe I was surfing Top Ten lists and thought it would be worth a watch.
2. Manga or anime? Both. I'm an anime girl, because I really love the voice acting (and the music), but for all that, I think the manga is great, too!
3. Describe your Hikago experience, whatever it might have been. Oh man. I don't know where to start. I got into Hikago, watched the whole series, and set off looking for fic. I was only a reader for the longest time, even though I saw blind_go running. For a while, readerofasaph was my hero because she did both PoT and Hikago, and she wrote the sort of fic I really liked. Then came Twenty Diversions: Isumi Shinichirou Thinks About The Hand Of God, and she completely converted me. (I liked it so much, I chose it for ihikago just because I wanted to read it so badly.) I'm not sure one can emphasize just how much Lynn influenced my outlook on Hikago with that fic. I am Hikago's for life, and we have her to blame.
4. Are you active in the fandom? What do you do? I used to read a lot more. Now I write (since blind_go Round Three), and occasionally I meta (but not much). I sometimes do ihikago. I have translated two of the Hikaru no Go character profiles (Ogata and Yang Hai), and I will do Touya Kouyou soon for ontogenesis's sake, because she needs him for Desynchronization.
5. Have you participated in any of the Hikago challenge communities? (E.g. blind_go, ihikago, hng_prompts, fifthmus.) All of them except hng_prompts, and only because the prompts take too much of a commitment for me.
6. Who is your favorite character in the series? ISUMI. ♥ Sai, Touya Kouyou, and Ogata aren't far behind. (And yet I haven't translated Isumi's profile...)
7. Why do you like him/her? Isumi reminds me a lot of myself. Not a genius, tries too hard and sabotages himself, but he's there, he's got the basic foundation, he's solid. And he listens around corners, which, just... oh ISUMI. It's not something one's proud of, and he knows it, but he can't stop himself from doing it. For some reason, that failing of his makes me love him SO MUCH MORE.
8. Do you think this character likes those qualities about him-/herself? I think Isumi doesn't like the self-sabotage. At the same time, I think he's quite secure in his knowledge of himself. He knows what he can and can't do, and he pushes his own limitations at his own pace. (I can't tell you just how sexy I find this.)
9. Who is this character's best friend (in your opinion)? It used to be Waya, and probably still is, but I would like to bet that Yang Hai is either tied for "best friend" or is #2 after Waya.
10. What do they like about each other? Isumi considers Waya like a little brother, and Waya considers Isumi to be a big brother. I think they're both compensating, in a way, but it works for them.
11. Whom does your favorite character dislike most? (Doesn't necessarily have to be a Hikago character.) Possibly Ochi. Though Isumi respects him after the Hokuto Cup thing, I don't think he'll ever get around to _liking_ Ochi. Not that he'd advertise this fact.
12. Why do you think that is? See canon, insei arc just before Isumi loses in the China arc. Oh Isumi.
13. Who is your least favorite character? Ochi.
14. What do you not like about him/her? My bias is showing; I blame him for Isumi's trauma.
15. Imagine this scenario: your favorite character, the best friend, and the disliked person are stranded in a small cabin in the middle of the woods during a heavy snowstorm. They have nothing with them except what they were carrying during their mountain hike. Who dies first? None of them. They are rescued by people coming after them. o(^_^)o
16. Do you support any pairings? If yes, please list them here. This is not an exhaustive list by any means, but here: Ogata/Isumi, Touya Kouyou/Sai, Yang Hai/Isumi, Le Ping/Isumi, Waya/Isumi. (... I'm detecting a pattern, here.) ontogenesis has opened me up to the possibility of Ogata/Sai, too. And there are so many other pairings with other people, but if I started listing them I would never stop. I mean come on, Iijima/Nase, Waya/Shigeko, Saeki/Ashiwara, etc.
17. Which pairing is your favorite? Possibly Touya Kouyou/Sai. ^_^
18. Why do you like this pairing? There's something about "old married couples" that gets me, and TK/Sai have the potential to be such a heatbreakingly beautiful old married couple. It's inconvenient that TK is married, but that's what my afterlife!AU is for. ^_~
19. Is there any canon evidence for this pairing? *giggles* Only if you imagine a burning desire to play the other again can translate into slash.
20. What do you think they see in each other? What makes their relationship work (or not work)? In each other they see an incredibly strong rival. It works, because they both respect each other's love for the game.
21. Could their relationship survive something catastrophic (e.g. separation over long distances/time, infidelity, unexpected pregnancy, Touya Kouyo's disapproval, etc.)? *giggle* TK would disapprove, but he wouldn't be able to stop himself. And yes. TK/Sai would survive ANYTHING. Their love is that kind of love.
22. In your opinion, does the Hand of God exist, and can it be achieved? I will return to readerofasaph's story, Twenty Diversions, and quote the entire story to you. However, this is the line I believe answers it best:
In fact, a Hand of God which belongs not only to Waya, but to Ochi and Nase and even Mashiba, to Ashiwara and Saeki and Yang Hai and maybe Isumi himself – perhaps a Hand of God which lies scattered across a hundred thousand gobans in communal ownership, a composite of every brilliant hand and elegant shape that exists/has existed/will exist – that Hand of God, he might be able to believe in.
23. Assuming that it does exist and can be achieved: Which character do you think will find it first? I'm biased. I shall say Isumi.
24. Assuming that it does not exist and cannot be achieved: Which character is most likely to die trying? Touya Kouyou.
25. Now make up your own question and answer it: Would you ever leave HnG fandom? No. I don't think I ever could.
ETA: Zettai Kareshi
I was seriously worried that this would take a wrong turn, but you know what? After episode 8, I just have to say: I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS SHOW. ♥♥♥ They even warrant red hearts! I'm going to make a prediction: by the end of the series, I think we shall see Night, Riiko, _AND_ Soushi become a happy trio. (Just like the ED says.) I don't think I would be satisfied with any other ending. I can't wait for episode 9!
The hated ironing is done! *happy and relieved* We'll see how long I can go before I'm forced to do another round.