*cries* Almost one month's salary. Oh Minato-ku, you slay me. *weeps*
Paperback Writer's Left Behind & Loving It - Virtual workshop for writers. Complete e-book for educational non-profit use. And if you are still interested, here, have a worldbuilding checklist. Thanks to lilacfield for the heads-up. ^_^
Stolen from kessie: You know how sometimes people on your friend's list post about stuff going on in their life, and all of a sudden you think "Wait a minute? Since when are they working THERE? Since when are they dating HIM/HER? since when???" And then you wonder how you could have missed all that seemingly pretty standard information, but somehow you feel too ashamed to ask for clarification because it seems like info you *should* already know? It happens to all of us sometimes.
Please copy mine below, erase my answers putting yours in their place then post it in your journal! Please elaborate on the questions that would benefit from elaboration! One-word answers seldom help anyone out.
(This section was last edited and updated on February 9, 2013.)
1. First Name: Ai. Some of you know my first name has two words, but for the sake of being unGoogleable, I'm dropping one of them online. Yes, my old username was my real first name.
2. Age: In my thirties.
3. Location: Denver, CO, USA.
4. Occupation: Full-time graduate student.
5. Partner? Happily married to a wonderful man.
6. Kids: None for the time being, but it's a possibility in the not-too-distant future.
7. Brothers/Sisters: Three. One is working in Hong Kong as an ad executive. Two others are still in school in Malaysia.
8. Pets: Two Siberian cats! The girl is called Catmium, and the boy is Wolfram (pronounced Tungsten).
9. List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life:
- Grad school; I'm an MBA/MS Accounting grad student.
- The accounting honors society I am in.
- Volunteer tax assistance (tax season is nigh!)
10) Where and for what did you go to school for? I went to a private all-girls college in Massachusetts, USA. I majored in Politics and minored in Math. For what? To get a degree, that's all. I applied to American colleges because I dislike the "education" one receives in Malaysia, and because I refused to be subject to the racial quota system. (We won't talk about my opinion of Malaysia because it's too complicated for me to explain in one or two paragraphs, but Malaysia is and always will be home.) I am currently a graduate student doing an MBA/MS Accounting, and I hope to get a job in accounting for the technology sector.
11) Parents? Mine began the messy process of divorce when I was 17 and studying for my school-leaving examinations (they went to court and got everything signed sometime around my 18th birthday; it's a "present" I'll never forget). I did so well in those exams because I lost myself in books: when you focus hard and concentrate, you don't hear the shouting. Unfaithfulness wasn't the reason my parents separated (my father, a pilot, had a girl in almost every port) because my mother closed one eye and pretended not to know. Nevertheless, I don't condone cheating, refuse to share, and I would never break any marriage up, real or fictional.
I am close to my mother, and on speaking terms with my father as long as we aren't talking about my mother (I refuse to listen to him bad-mouth her) or my finances (I refuse to let him spend it for me). My stepmother is all right; she wasn't the 3rd party, and she's not to blame. My father met her after the divorce. I think she's got her hands full dealing with my father, anyway.
12) Who are some of your closest friends? I know who they are, and hopefully they know who they are, too.
Too many obligations, too few hours in a day. Did not write. Oh well, this is what a hiatus is for.
Started volume one of three, will read the rest once I finish this e-mail.
Dear Ai, please check your phone messages more often. Maybe if you had done so, right now you'd be having fun with ontogenesis and cienna instead of staying at home with manga.
ETA2: Not Writing
There is something seriously wrong with me. This morning? Creativity and sunshine. Tonight? I'm flat out and I can't be bothered to do anything anymore. Or maybe it's just work and I'm tired.